* Basically the chronic mouth ulcers deal with the deficiency of vitamins and trace elements with gut disturbances of flora in the majority of the cases.
* Over and above routine measures, I recommend following for best recovery
- avoid lip biting if practicing
- maintain gut health and regular bowel movements
with bulk-forming laxatives as ispaghula husk or else
- hydration with plenty of liquids
- avoid spices, non-veg till possible
- high fiber diet with plenty of green leafy veg, cereals, pulses, legumes
- daily intake of a multivitamin
- avoid smoking
or alcohol if consuming
- oral hygiene
care at best levels
- local application of mucopain or else to heal the mucosa faster.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon