How can I treat bleeding in the calf muscles ?

When I had completed an hour s exercise in the gym and walking the dog for about two hours, during the evening blood capilleries in both my calves burst. What should I do? I am 54, female, am not overweight and reasonably fit. This has happened before but it seemed worse this time. Any suggestions to why this would be and what can be done to stop this happening again? Thanks for any help!
Sat, 14 Jan 2012
hello,
you should do light exercises .avoid vigorous exercises.better once get checked for your blood parameters specially platelet count and function after consulting a good physician.he will do some tests like tourniquet test ..take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
At this age one hour exercise in the gym is as i say is not advisable and after that walking for two hours are not advisable at all.This will fatigue your muscles and give unnecessary load to heart too.
At this age you go for walking or swimming like light exercise for about 30-40 minutes daily or 5 times in a week will keep you fit.