Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

How can I treat acne problem ?

Hello Sir, I am 33 years old from Noida having acne problem since last month.Every day new boils emerge on my face and they leave black marks on my face.i have not consulted any doctor till now but have myself been using vicco turmeric daily and acnesol in the night. But still there is no cure . My face is full of acne specially on my chin area and on my forehead .Please guide me.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
ACNE..., In your case is due to late onset..,
and Hormonal imbalance...,
But good treatment is available....
1) Frequent wahes with fash bar.....
2) Oral Tab..Isotretinoin 20 mg daily for 30 days..,
3) ZYCLIN...1% clindamycin 2 times daiy..,
4) Avoid pinching and manipulating the lesions...

Answered: Mon, 30 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Jangid's  Response
Hellow Richa,
You have the disease called Late onset acne vulgaris which is usually erupt after age of 30. For severe acne, u have to take topical as well as oral medicines to control the disease, certain good drugs are contraindicated in those women who are planning for baby, but other drugs are very safe and u can try ... The best therapy for u will be
1. Oral minocyclin 100 mg daily 1 tab
2. Topical clindamycin ointment. In morning
3. Benzoyl peroxide ointment 2.5 % in night
Face wash to reduce oilyness on ur face
Some general measures will also help u
Low fat diet, avoid chocolates and fast foods
Hope this will help u
Answered: Thu, 26 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Lasantha Ranwala's  Response

first of all i must tell you please stop treating your diseases by your self. Some time you may have face unpleasant outcome from that

So about your acne problems there are several treatment methods available for the acne. It may be be a local application of cream or a anti-acane soap or oral intake of some antibiotics. According to severity of your condition you will be give one of them or few of these treatments. So better to consult a doctor.

I would like to give few advises to you.Limit intake of oily foods. keep you face clean and don't scratch your face with your fingers .it may infect them. Avoid using different kind of creams and lotions advertise on media as some of these preparation may be allergic to your skin and you may develop allergic reaction.

wish you a good health
Answered: Wed, 25 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor