How can I treat acne medically ?

sir i have acne problem so what can i do to stop this.
Thu, 26 Jan 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
hi..welcome to healthcare magic..
acne is common in adoloscent and young age group..wash your face very often with normal water..take plenty of fluids and eat healthy foods..if its severe u can start taking a antibiotic and apply benzoyl peroxide skin ointment twice daily

General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
use soft soap for face wash ,plenty of fluids,balanced healthy diet ,regular exercises are essential besides medicines
consult dermatologist and follow advice
doxy 1 icap daily and compevit 1 cap for 1 month may be helpful
bowel should be regular fatty fried foods are not to be taken ,daily fruits will help
avoid taking sweets
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!Arpit
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Treatment of acne depends upon the stage or grade of acne one has.There are four grades is acne ,from blackheads to nodular variety .Also treatment depends upon the cause of acne . Cause of acne may be just a wrong selection of soap or a moisturizer to hormonal disturbances in body (esp in females).
Treatment starts form the use of a anti acne face cleanser .It can be a anti acne soap or a face wash .Next would be use of a good anti acne cream for day time and night time use. Along with this one should be given a course of antibiotic tablet .This I would say is the basic or the first level treatment.
If patient does not respond to this or one has very sever acne then comes use of oral retinoids.Retinoids are wonder drug for acne , but one needs to undergo various blood investigations before taking this .Also there are certain precautions which one needs to follow before use of this medicine.Your dermatologist would be the best judge for this .
Along with this one has to drink plenty of water and take good 7 hr sleep in night. Avoid all cosmetic creams or moisturizers on face. Healthy life style with above treatment is a must to keep your face clean and acne free.
So,i would advise you to consult a skin specialist(dermatologist) who can prescribe you medicines accordingly.

regards,
Dr.chawda