Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How can I treat a circular flaky red spot on my forearm near my elbow which has turned weepy and swollen red after self medication ?

47 and female, Three weeks ago i noticed a circular flaky red spot on my forearm near my elbow, thinking possible ringworm , I used tolfaltate (self diagnosing) purchased it at Whole Foods. I covered it with a bandage (which I learned was a mistake) and it was getting better, but still red after aprox. 3 weeks, went skiing, the constant rubbing over the bandage from my shirt irritated it. I immediately stopped the faithful use of the medicine. I took off bandage, cleaned it and last night and all day it is weeping and swollen and red. Should I use some polysporin? aloe vera? garlic poultice? (ouch). A warm compress? My concern is that maybe it is staph... I much prefer natural remedies.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Sir you are right in your diagnosis but half right in the treatment !
Now lesion is infected,so go for an antibiotic course.
apply triple action cream for short time.
Go for oral antifungal tab. Flucanozole 150 mg once in a week for 4 weeks.
After lesion becomes dry,go for anti fungal cream.Never bandage.
Take antihistamine if itching is there.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor