Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

How can I tell my parents and doctor that I have been suicidal ?

How can I tell my parents and doctor that I've been suicidal ? Latley I've been having suicidal thoughts for over a week now. This isn't the first time. It's happened months back and it's only gotten worse. I've been laying around in my bed trying to sleep to make the day go by faster. Some days I over eat and others I don't eat at all. I used to be a obsessed with my phone and the internet. I barley go on them anymore. I've found a method to commit suicide and I wanna get help before it worsens. I've been emotionally abused for a year now by my ex & it's continued. Other problems in life have developed into a big picture and I can't cope with anything anymore. I just need some way I could tell my doctor and my parents. They've made me stop talking to my ex months ago but I did it behind their back. Will I be able to confide in a psychologist if my doctor refers me to one? How can I tell my mom that I need to see the doctor? Do I tell her It's private? I'm embarrased to tell my doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Jul 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  390
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
hey dear world is beautiful....just always spend time wid ur friends...try 2 enjoy ur life at fullest wid friends...n m sure d thoughts of suicidal will go......n always think positive..... about ur ex he wasnt worth u. dont ever talk wid him...control urself.....n always keep happy.....
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Ophthalmologist Dr. Nyla's  Response
Hello dear,
let those thoughts be buried forever.your under depression phase where in all such thoughts pop realising that and want to do something about it is a positive sign and you have it in you to fight this phase out.confide in your mom at the earliest she will be concerned but will support you and help out in getting to a counseller/psychiatrist asap.noone going to be judgemental about you just talk freely to your counseller it definetly will help.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Amar A Rathi's  Response
Hi Arisleidy,
I can understnd how u might be feeling...its good that u thought of getting help before making any final decision.... and yes there is some hope...thher r many people to help u if u ask or it.
Though its difficult to tell to ur parents but yes u can tell them u feeling uneasy and has to see a doctor...if u dont want to share ur feeling with ur parent u can share with ur doctor he can refer u or can explain to ur parents.
U can directly go to Psychiatrist also if possible ,He will definately help u to come out of this..
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I am telling from my personal experience that tell your mum that you think that you are depressed and need to see a counselor preferably a psychiatrist as soon as possible.I am sure she will understand your problem.Its somewhat embarrassing to talk about suicidal ideation to a psychiatrist but trust me that it really helps to confide in someone and remember that its not your fault if you are feeling suicidal.I hope it helps.
Answered: Sat, 5 Feb 2011
  Anonymous's Response
Answered: Mon, 16 Aug 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor