Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How can I stop the bleeding of the raised lump close to the vaginal entrance ?

Hi I recently had a STI check up and was given the all clear. I was concerned by a raised lump close to the entrance of the vagina but the doctor assured me this was a skin tag. This was back in December and since then the skin tag has grown considerably. It is a hanging skin tag, roughly the size of a grape. I have tried natural remedies such as tea tree oil to remove it but it does not seem to be working. This evening while in the shower my shower scrub caught in it and tugged pulling it away a little. this has cause some bleeding which has stopped but continues if touch, which happens when I use the toilet. How can I stop the bleeding or do I need to see my doctor this evening to have it removed?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
since it has grown, you do need to see your doctor to have it removed and check what it is. based on your description, it sounds like a varicosity, which is a swollen vein, almost like a hemhorrhoid. but it is impossible to know for sure without being able to examine it first hand. please let me know if you have any more questions.
Answered: Sat, 17 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor