Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

How can I stop menstruation as I am a paraplegic woman ?

hi i am a paraplegic woman (30years old) i would like to stop menstruation completely ,i already have 2 kids - i am not planning on having kids in future
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  282
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
welcome to health care magic
stooping menses at your age will lead to bones problems like osteoporosis at early age
The only way to permanently stop your period is to have a hysterectomy, which involves removal of the uterus.
There are birth control options which will stop or dramatically decrease your period.
Its my advise that you do not stop your period. Your monthly cycle keeps you healthy.
good luck choice is your
consult good gynaecologist who can help you in better way
Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
welcome to hcm
allowing periods to stop naturally is the best way.
it is the bodys attempt to get rid of toxins
artificial ways of stopping periods can lead to
joint problems along with many other discomforts
u can consult a gynac if u r still keen on having to do it

Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor