Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How can I solve my husband's psychological problem that he can't have sex ? husband is of 48 years and he is having psychlogical problem that he has made a pshycological thinking thah he can not do sex...and most of the time when he tries to do sex he fails to perform...and due to this many suicidal ideas comes in his mind.he is suffering from this problem for last 25 years..he consulted a psychiatrist but no relief was there....
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
As a life partner of him you can rule out what is exactly fear in his mind.
try this skillfully by discussing on d subjects he can make d best counseling as a wife.never put any pressure or make negative thinking.
Vajikaran Therapy in Ayurved is quite useful.
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for query
it seems that he might have some erectid dysfunction.
as he cycologicaly disturbed aggreways his condition he can take vigra after advice of your doctor
as he got suicidal tendency you should consult psychiatrist again as soon as possible as this may cause great lose in life
counseling with psychologist you will get impovement
ok & bye
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
Before calling it psychological, it is important to rule out physical causes, either by detailed history, tests or both. Sexual activity is a complicated process, and problem in any of its components can cause problems. A detailed evaluation is necessary for zeroing in on the exact cause or causes, which include decreased sexual desire, guilt (if any), strained relationship with spouse, psychological probelms like depression and anxiety, physical problems like diabetes and also some medication.

It is advisable to take a second opinion from a psychiatrist (especially one who runs a speciality sexual clinic because not everyone is comfortable dealing with such problems) to get the problem sorted out. Psychiatric consultation becomes more important now as your husband has suicidal thoughts. Try to remain calm and dont blame each other for the condition.
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor