Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

How can I retain my current hair after a substantial loss in the frontal and anterior area ?

Hi, I am 41 year old male and have been losing hair for over a decade now resulting in substantial hair loss in frontal and anterior regions of scalp. Can you please suggest how at least can I retain the current amount of hair?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear user.,
Thanks for using HCM.,
Losing of hairs called ....ALOPECIA AREATA..,
Causes are so many.....Genetic, dietic, fungal, drugs,cancer,
chronic infections.etc..,
In your case....genetic role will be involved...,
Masculine type....Androgenic alopecia...,
Treatment is unfavourable...,
But we can maintain and prevent further falling ok..,
1) Avoid repeated frequent coombing and shampooing.,
2) Avoid exessive use of iols..,
3) Light massage of scalp.,every day..,
4) Ketozen shampoo every 3 days...,
5) Hair4U..Aminexil5%, Minoxidil 5%-Glenmark.., Every day night times..,
6) Tab..Andro-anagen (Curatio) daily morning after tiffen..,
it contains...Taurine, Green tea extract, Saw palmetto, green apple extract, Biotin 5 mg...
ok..bye good luck.,
Answered: Thu, 5 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You could be having hormonal disorder which is causing this hair loss. But one cannot be sure, so please consult Dermatologist to find the right cause. Good medication like Minoxidil hair solution will promote hair growth. Avoid stress. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Get 6-8 hours of sleep daily.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor