Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

How can I reschedule my periods?

Hi there, I am currently on Birth Control and found out I will be on my period when I go on vacation a few months in the future. I started my pack on sunday. I will be getting my period within the next two days. I was wondering if I can reschedule my period by waiting to start the new pack in a week. If I do that, it won t effect the dates I am on vacation is. Can I do that? Is it that easy?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
If you delay starting the pack it may alter your menstrual period.
But the time of the onset of withdrawal bleeding is difficult to guess with this.
So, instead of this you can continue taking the pills with out gap during vacation.
Means after completing one pack you star next pack without gap which will avoid bleeding during vacation.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor