Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

How can I regulate my heavy periods and what medication must I take for the same ?

18 yrs old female Since when i was 12 yrs my menses started and they were never regular.Every time periods continue for minimum 15 days and many times even more.Sometimes they continued for even whole month...even now my periods started on 6 december and it is bleeding very very heavily....please help me and suggest medicines for me...i m in great mental and physical trouble...
Asked On : Fri, 10 Dec 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello and wellcome to healthcare magic,some times it may happen due to irregullar hormone balance ,due to hypothtroidism or other factors contributing in hormonal balance get you blood test t3 t4 tsh prolactin and fsh etc and then you can be advised
hormonal drugs and consult with a gynaecologist,take care
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

First go for investigations and usg abdomen to rule out any condition.

There is a hormonal management for you and will be helpful to regular your cycle.

Treat any secondary cause if it is there.

Consult gynecologist for better medical management.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor