Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
125 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can I reduce pain from accidentally injuring my knee with a trenching shovel?

about 5 years ago I accidently dug a trenching shovel into my knee and ever since its occasionally given out and given a shock of pain when I run, go up stairs or put pressure on it but recently its been getting more frequent and is sometimes painful for longer periods of time for seemingly no reason. is this something I should be concerned about and if yes what should I do
Thu, 8 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms seem to be related to the injury.

I suggest using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms.

I also recommend using anti-inflammatory cream for local application such as Voltaren cream.

Ice compresses can also be helpful in reducing pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

ive been having excruciating pain in my knee for 6 months across knee and down side of knee. its sore during day getting up stairs etc but can cope...