Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can I reduce my weight ?

i am 31 years male ,165 cm hight and 80 kg weight ,BMI is 29.4.I want reduce my weight ,how can?.Is it possible to reduce by tablets or diet or only excersize?i am 31 years male ,165 cm hight and 80 kg weight ,BMI is 29.4.I want reduce my weight ,how can?.Is it possible to reduce by tablets or diet or only excersize?
Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
's  Response
Check out the Take Shape for Life program at I have a sedentary job and I have lost 50 lb in about 6 months. The program is easy and convenient, so easy to do. It also has lots of good information on a complete way to gain optimal health. Good food, good exercise, good sleep etc
  User's Response
Michael Thompson's  Response

Bear in mind, our bodies naturally store excess calories as fat for a period of famine which our historic forefathers usually experienced.

In order to lose weight, one or all of these factors below must be employed.

  • Consume less fattening food (calories)
  • Increase the body's rate of metabolism
  • Get more exercise

To encourage the first factor, buy more vegetables and unprocessed food at the supermarket. Visit fast-food stores less and eat at home. Drink more water and LESS SWEET DRINK.

One means of increasing your metabolism (even after 40) is to increase the percentage of muscles in the body. Do push-ups and lift weights for 15 mins each day. Hard Muscles burn stored fats faster than other body tissue.

A brisk walk about twice per week for one hour each will make you feel better and you will meet new people too.

A herb which affects all the factors above is Ganoderma Lucidum mixed with Gourmet Coffee. The coffee is likely to reduce the appetite of the average person, thus causing less eating. Ganoderma increases oxygen levels in the blood and improves circulation. This causes increased metabolism.

The additional energy causes the person to want to work and exercise more. All these factors ultimately lead to weight loss. This is a good habit to keep.

Ganoderma Beverages and Nutraceuticals are available at:


Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
weight reduction is a gradual process and you have to join work out diet and medicine supported by strong will to loose. Avoid fats and carbohydrates and have more veg. Ther are vegetable that fill your tummy but release less calories than are needed to digest them you can consult dietician on that aspect. brisk walk is the best exercise and have Trifla at night and 2 tab. of medhohar guggul tds with hot water.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Nadira 's  Response
I am 40 years old female 5.4inch 70kg weight. I want to reduce at least 10 kg
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Hi.... Weight reduction trust me does not happen over night. It is a slow and gradual process... It needs hard work and a lot of motivational skills.. Exercise is the best option among all the options.. Follow up with weight reducing diet.. Medical treatment with drugs will have side effects. You can try avurveda instead... Any form of treatment will take time for the effects to come.  Hence motivation is the key to success in weight reduction...

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I need to c Dr Karun Makhija for weight loss how can i get in touch with him!

doctor1 MD

Hi, doctor I (Dev)am 27 year old male my hight is 5.9 and weight 83 kg. I have to reduce my fat from belly, please suggest me some food plan & exercise. thank you

doctor1 MD

how to reduce the weight in 2 months?

Recent questions on  Weight loss

doctor1 MD

I am 74 y/o male who's been losing weight over the past 3 months. Total weight loss has been 3 kilos for 3 months. I have been constipated and my bowel movements have been irregular but my appetite has never changed and I still eat pretty well. I don't have any abdominal complaints. What could be causing this? I also eat fiber-rich foods but to no avail, I'm still constipated.

doctor1 MD

had hip replacement 3 years ago and got bacterial infection and after 6 weeks being hospitalised and course of anti biotics was cured and discharged with a weight loss of 10 per cent.Since then I have not regained the weight loss,and over the last few months have lost a further 10 percent in weight......I am now 13 stone and 6 feet 1 inch height and 76 years of age,I have reasonable energy levels and feel o.k. but worry about this continual weight loss.I have a reasonable appetite and eat regular meals.

doctor1 MD

hi im a mother 40 years old did the gastric band since 9 years i took the perfect results but since 2 years now this band stop working for a reason my dr told me sometimes it happened when its old so i gain 8 kilos in 2 years my question is is it dangerous if i remove it and put new 1. is it better to remove and do the 1 that u fold the stomach coz lot of doctors advice me to do that 1 if i decide ti remove it the band pls advice me is it safe to remove the band usually pls i dont to keep it and no benefirt from it

doctor1 MD

Tightening the Tummy Iam 51 years old and weigh 77kgs.Recently I have lost 6 kgs and my weight stabilized at 77 kgs which works out to a BMI of 25 as my height is 5’10”.I maintain regular exercise -aerobics,strength training,abdominal exercises and evening walk of 4 kms.I eat selectively without oil,less Non veg,less sweets,more fruit and water ,steamed vegetables,sprouts,Almonds(4 nos) and 1 egg white.When I go to gym I take whey protein of 30 gms. My problem is with my stomach muscles.Inspite of my exercise and moderate food habits I have a stomach of 36 inches.When I sit down I have to adjust my belt by changing the hole.When I wear underwear I feel very tight in abdominal area.Thats why I stopped wearing underwaear except when I exercise. I consulted a specialist who is into weight loss surgery like gastric band and sleeve who initially suggested to go for liposuction.When I requested for a non surgical solution he offered me a complimentary session on Radio frequency Tripolar machine.He promised that I will loose 2 inches over 6 sittings.For each sitting there should be a gap of 2 weeks.He says the skin also will be tightened apart from fat reduction in the tissues.I have also read that this can be done by Ultrasound Lipolysis and Zerona laser treatments. Please suggest me which is ideal for reducing my stomach sag.

doctor1 MD

I am a 39 year male and I am urinating every 30 minutes to 1 hour. I don't have any pain or discoloration. Just concerned at how often im going I'd like to know what this could be if anything dangerous or to be concerned of.

doctor1 MD

Can I reverse a possible chance that I have Typ 2 diebetties ?

doctor1 MD

How much ghee is good in a day if I have normal health reports