Owl Image

How can I reduce my S.triglycerides ?

i am 30. My S.triglycerides is 270.My LDL and HDL are within limits. How can I reduce my S.triglycerides ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  
Moderating the consumption of fats, alcohol and carbohydrates and partaking of aerobic exercise are considered essential to reducing triglyceride levels. The American Heart Association notes that diets high in carbohydrates (>60% of total caloric intake) can cause higher triglyceride levels. High triglyceride levels may be due to: * Cirrhosis * Diet low in protein and high in carbohydrates * Familial hyperlipoproteinemia (rare) * Hypothyroidism * Nephrotic syndrome * Pancreatitis * Poorly controlled diabetes