Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

How can I reduce my S.triglycerides ?

i am 30. My S.triglycerides is 270.My LDL and HDL are within limits. How can I reduce my S.triglycerides ?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  887
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Moderating the consumption of fats, alcohol and carbohydrates and partaking of aerobic exercise are considered essential to reducing triglyceride levels. The American Heart Association notes that diets high in carbohydrates (>60% of total caloric intake) can cause higher triglyceride levels. High triglyceride levels may be due to: * Cirrhosis * Diet low in protein and high in carbohydrates * Familial hyperlipoproteinemia (rare) * Hypothyroidism * Nephrotic syndrome * Pancreatitis * Poorly controlled diabetes
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor