Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

How can I reduce my 3 year old daughter's hyperactivity and make her speak ?

my three year old daughter is suffering with hyperactivity she can not stay idle for a minute but she can express her requirement through body gesture. but she do not utter any proper meaningful word
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Occupational Therapist 's  Response
just compare your daughter's activity level(hyperactivity) with other child, if you see any difference, consult your occupational therapist and speech therapist. occupational therapist re mediate hyperactivity through energy channelizing activities,
speech therapy stimulate and guide the child to use oral language
hyperactivity: take her to park, make her to play
put her in swimming, skating.
speech: frequent interaction with child, allow the child to listen or watch at rhyms. split the words in to 2 or 3 the teach.
thank you.
Answered: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
hi i read yourb prob , at the age of 3 yrs every child explore himself, they cant stay quite for some time this is natural ,it doesnt mean he is suffering from hyperactive disorder. you should spend more n more time with your child, play with him,introduse him with all good things around you. so do not be worry.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist, Child Dr. Hemang M. Shah's  Response
Children can be more active during developmental period.
However for speech part, try to explain name of the object, repear the word several times before you give the object, when she demand by gesture.
This will help her to increase the word capacity which she can use latter on.
Do this on regularbasis.
If you feel there is other areas which are also delayed in development, meet your pediatrician or child psychiatrist.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor