Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How can I permanently get rid of temporary cavity ?

i had cavity on 8 teeth 4 years back. Then i consulted a dentist and filled my teeth with cement and white color filling material ( i dont know that may be amalgum ). At that time, i had deep and spread black color cavities on the upper side of my teeth. Temporarily they filled with material. But i dont know about this. What is cavity ?? all my teeth get afftected by this. how to permanently remove from my teeth ?? is it correct what i have filled with my teeth ?? is it a temporary solution ?? I wish to bring back my teeth without cavity. what to do ??
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Once the cavity is formed, it is not possible to bring back the teeth without cavity as you expect.all you can do is prevent formation of caries in remaining teeth by-

-Maintaining good oral hygine-proper brushing (early morning&before going to bed ),(after sticky food like chocolates, sweets ,)

- Diet with calcium & vitamines.(MIlk,salads,fruits etc).

Treatment of should start earliest. -Temporary filling,cement filling,silver filling are the steps of filling.(the silver/amalgum filling is permanent.

-Deep caries can be treated by Root canal treatment.

After the treatment you have to be careful by proper brushing. Also visit your dentist every 6 month &have regular check up. .

- Mind it -Badly Infected caries teeth may need extraction.

Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. M.Karthikeyan's  Response
amalgam filling will be black in color if ur filling is white then it may be other cement once cavity is formed ideal treatment is to remove the decay and fill it with permanent filling material u said doc kept a temporary filling if ur teeth has caries which is close approximity towards ur nerve (pulp) then to avoid root canal an intermediate filling might kept and wait n watch for a month if there is no pain on that then they will take x ray and give permanent filling
Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
Cavity is a degradation of the tooth due to bacterial attack. The white filling is a temporary filling which should be changed in a permanent filling- Amalgam or composite. Decay can be prevented by using a fluoridated toothpaste twice daily and a fluoride mouth rinse once daily. Restrict intake of snacks in between meals and reduce sugar consumption.
Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Implantology Dr. Manish Juneja's  Response
Dear Sankar,
once there is decay in the teeth, they cannot be brought back to the natural state (as if there was no decay). the decay should be removed and a permanent filling has to be done. if the decay is to wide spread and has involved the nerve (pulp), it will require a root canal treatment, this can be asses by a good x ray and also by clinical examination. would suggest you to get all your decayed teth permanently filled to prevent the spread of decay. please consult your dentist for the same at the earliest. good luck
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor