Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

How can I overcome pain when I pierce my ears ?

hy i am 21 years old. tomorow i am going to get two holes on my ear. i am too excited for that but at the same time the pain after that is distrubing me alot. can i hav any suggestion to overcome that pain?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), along with gastric acid control using PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitors) is most ideal. I wouldn't imagine the procedure to be too painful, but do consult a physician for pain control, if it is intolerable.
Answered: Fri, 8 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
1. Have a painkiller a couple of hours before your ear piercing. Repeat after six to eight hours. Remember to have the painkiller after food and not on an empty stomach.
2. Apply a cold compress if it hurts a lot, Usually there will slight discomfort for a week. Sometimes it takes a up to month to heal.
3. Apply an antibiotic cream like soframycin three times a day. Rotate the earring or stud to allow the cream to reach within the piercing. A home remedy would be turmeric in mustard oil instead of an antibiotic cream.
Answered: Fri, 8 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor