Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How can I overcome heavy hairfall and split ends ?

hi! i have curly and that to very short and my hair takes years to grow. moreover since the last few months i am facing serious hairfall and spilt ends. i have noticed few parts of my head becoming slightly bald aswell especially in the front region. i also have the problem of hair getting tangled. please help me!
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi....Shaik malika...,
Thanks for choosing HCM.,
Few parts of bald on the frontal area, called ALOPECIA AREATA..,
1) Night application of Ketaconazole on Scalp....
next day morning ....headbath.,
2) Tab Biotin 10 mg dailoy for 20 days...,
3) Intra lesional steroid Triamcinolone on the affected areas once in 15 days ..,
for 3 times.....
4) Topical Clobetasol propionate (TENOVATE-gsk) apply on ..,
2 times daily....ok...good luck.,
Answered: Sun, 15 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
If you do have actual bald, patches please do upload some pictures. The treatment differs if you just have generalised hair fall.


Dr.Sasi Attili
Consultant Dermatologist
Answered: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ashutosh Thigale's  Response
If you are a female then generally this is related with quality of your menstrual cycle.Complete nadi chikitsa is required.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor