Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

How can I make my husband overcome his addiction to alcohol ?

hello doctor ,this is a query regarding alcohol husband drinks 4 days in every week....he says 3 to 4 pegs.....but i dnt knw.....he has stomach upset all d day......had gone for an endoscopy last day......but couldnt find any problem.....i need him to stop alochol consumption nd smoking.....but he is nt listening to dat saying i will try.....i dnt knw how much he drinks a day nd whether he is an addict cos aftr drinking he shouts at me and thretens to divorce.......pls help me doctor......
Asked On : Fri, 19 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
This is more of health and domestic issue for both of you. It is difficult to enable one to stop drinking by himself. It would be best to consult Psychiatrist with him to find different ways to keep him away from alcohol, like by use of drugs, behavior therapies and counselling. He may need to join support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous where good counselling sessions help one to stop drinking. Alcohol increases risk of certain cancers, also cause liver damage and more female hormone circulation which will also increase chances of infertility in him. Do not delay. Kindly consult a known Psychiatrist in your area and get him help quickly.
Answered: Fri, 19 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor