Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How can I lower my daughters blood sugar levels ?

hello just wanted some advise. my daughter is six years old and has always been thin like myself but over the past few months has lost 2 kg. she has always wet the bed at night, every night and isnt getting any better. i took her to the doctor for blood tests. she hadnt eaten or drank for 14 hours and the blood test showed her blood sugar level was 108. what does this mean and is they any way i can help lower her blood sugar. she eats ver little sugar, she doesnt have sweets or drınk juıce, only water
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It is a very serious matter to declare any child as Type 1 Diabetes.
Certain tests should be carried out before stamping her as Type 1 Diabetes. They are
Glucose Tolerance Test
Glycosylated haemoglobin
Plasma Insulin
C-Peptide Assay
Islet Cell Autoantibodies
Insulin Autoantibodies
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor