Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

How can I lower my BP beside taking of medicine ?

I went to the Doctor s yesterday and he said I have high blood pressure . Does anyone have any advice on steps I should take a side from medication to lower my blood pressure ? Thanks
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. One reading of high blood pressure doesn't mean you are hypertensive and that you need to started on medications.. You  need to check your  BP thrice on three different occasions.  And if the readings are persisting to  be high then you need to take precautions to lower the BP. The steps you need to be take are include life style modifications in the form of exercises and diet, apart from the medications.. Dietary changes are low salt and low fat diet....

  User's Response
Cardio exercise at least 3x weekly for 30 min or more. Reduce salt intake and the biggest factor, if you drink alcohol. Stop, I am willing to bet within weeks your blood pressure will decrease.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor