How can I know what is the type of my skin ?

hi doctor iam rakshitha age21 how to know my skin type
Mon, 3 Oct 2011
hi
there are many ways of skin type.
-oily or dry or combine skin
-sensitive or resistant skin
-type 1 to 6 skin.we have type 4-5 skin.
u need to be examine by dermatologist to know ur type
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!Rakshita,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Most people while selecting a product for face want to know what is there skin type..Well one has three basic type of skin:
1) oily
2) dry
3) combination

In case of oily skin type one would see that his or her complete face is oily and it either shines or gives you a messy look.
In dry type,your complete face would be dry even your T zone.
And in combination type ,Your only T zone is oily and side area would be dry.

Once you are sure about your skin type you can select a product accordingly.

Other than that Fitzpatrick has classified skin type in following way.
The Fitzpatrick Scale:
Type I -- White; very fair; freckles.
Always burns, never tans
Type II --White; fair.
Usually burns, tans with difficulty
Type III -- Beige; very common.
Sometimes mild burn, gradually tans
Type IV -- Beige with a brown tint; typical Mediterranean Caucasian skin.
Rarely burns, tans with ease
Type V - Dark brown.
Very rarely burns, tans very easily
Type VI Black.
Never burns, tans very easily

I hope this would answer your query.

Dr.chawda