Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can I increase my weight as I am underweight for my age and height ?

hi i am 24 yrs old man 5 6 ht and wt around 58 kg so could you plz me helpe me out so that i can incraese my wt and ht
Thu, 2 Feb 2012
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,tophan,thanks for your query.You can not increase your height at this age as your bones can not grow in length now and they only will increase in strength.To increase weight you need to take nutritious diet and do regular exercise.Plan your diet properly,take more of fruits,salads and diet high in protein.bye,take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Age of my daughter 5 yrs, height good enough, weight 18 kgs. Is she underweight? I am a teacher by profession. So she used to have all types of foods. But her health is becoming down and down day by day. Local child specialists also said Nothing to worry .

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir, Am 26 aged male, my wight is 53 kg & height is 172cm. recently i come to knw am Underweight based on BMI of Mine. Last two weeks am having egg,alomnds evry morning.. But its not helping me to gain weight.. Please reply me.. am going to get marry in couple of months

doctor1 MD

HI my name is AAAAAAA and i m 29, working in call centre , i am very upset coz i m very thin my weigh is 52 kg n 5.9 inch height , i dnt know wat to do to gain my weigh, will u plz help me?