Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How can I increase my weight and look healthy ?

I have a body issue. I am 18 years old, 45 kg last time i checked, and 5ft6. I eat too much but i am too thin,while my friends have built bodies. I wonder if maybe i should start working out so that i can build my body. Is that the solution? Please help me
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HeathcareMagic
For a height of 5'6" the weight of 45 is underweight ;normal weight should be 56-70 kg.Please get investigated to find if you have any underlying disease or cause of being underweight like hyperthyroid ;TB;or any disease.If the reports show any abnormality then get treated;but if they are normal then you can join your friends to work out & build your body.Better consult a doctor near your residence who will prescribe the required investigation & advise treatment.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor