How can I increase my concentration and tackle my extremely shy behavior ?

Hello, basically i would just like to get right to the point and tell you some of my issues and if you could tell me if it s normal or not that would be great! I feel as though I have been dealing with anxiety my whole life, now again i m not sure if that is a normal occurence in most people or not, anyway I tend to feel extremely awkward in a room with to many people my stress level goes way up, i have diffculty making eye contact with anyone at all. I’ve been quite shy my whole life but I have gotten a bit better with age also I have trouble expressing my feelings or even talking about myself and when I have in the past I feel embarrassed or ashamed.. I’ve never been very good in school, but yet i do have very strong good qualities that i excel in, i m not sure if it s some sort of concentration issue, but in school if i wasn t interested in something i would just drift off and day dream, or even trying to read a book is difficult for me because it has to be extremely quiet in a room and it helps if no one is in it at all or i get easily distracted..
Sat, 21 Jan 2012