Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

How can I improve the complexion of that particular area ?

hi doctor , i am 23 year old girl. my vagina looks very dark, but my other parts of the body looks can i improve the complexion of that particular area?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  2336
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hiii anupama,

I am Dr Soumen Patra and try to solve your problem.
One thing you have to know clearly that two areas ie. pubic area and axillary reg(underarm) are generally darker due to hyper pigmentation and coarse thick hair.It is quite normal & natural thing after puberty and it does n't depend on your fairness of other body parts. In 90-95% women,those area are darker.

Here I give you some tips to reduce darkness of PUBIC AREA (Vagina):

*Don't wear polyester or synthetic underwear.Use cotton underwear and always loose fitting.
**Regular (weekly basis) shaving of your pubic hair with hair removing cream. Occasional waxing may be needed.
***Bleach the area with lemon/lime juice (Natural Bleacher) and leave it for 20 mins. Try shower to shower.
****Keep the area dry and clean all times.Use toilet paper after each bathroom work and after every bath, apply corn starch to the area to keep it dry. Avoid using talcum powder.
*** Your inner thighs rub together & this also causes darkness,you may need to lose weight on your thighs.
**Make a decoction of a teaspoon each of milk powder, honey, lemon/lime juice, and almond oil. Apply on the area and wash after 15 minutes.
*Maintain a healthy diet and use only sanitary napkin during periods.Also maintain your personal hygiene,sleep timely and keep tension free.

You have to continue above things for 3 to 6 months.Then you may get a good result.

All the best.
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor