Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How can I help my boyfriend who is suffering from sever asthma attack and chest pain ?

My boyfriend is having severe asthma attack and serious chest pain! need help..=( he was having this chest pain since this morning and is being attacked by bad asthma. we both agreed to see his doctor, but not until tomorrow afternoon since he ll be joining a painting competition tomorrow morning and doesn t wanna screw up. he started complaining about this stabbing in his heart that scatters in his neck, jaw, and teeth. i already gave him aspirin and this thankfully it eased him a bit. but the asthma wont go. he s taken three shots of nebulizer and hasn t put off his inhaler since this morning. i already set him on oxygen to help him breath better. my heart is really torn seeing him like that. but i know he s gonna get confined in the hospital if i bring him now. this competition means so much to him! he even told me it is his life! i feel the same way too since we re both painters. he s still 20 years old and is asthmatic. him mother told me he has heart problems after his birth but it eventually went off in his elementary years. he s not obese now underweight and is really careful with his diet. please help! what must i do to keep him safe until tomorrow? any advice on reflexology or any medicine? just to keep him up until tomorrow when we can finally seek medical assistance.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query. Severe asthma attack has to be treated not just with nebs but also with inj steroids. Since it is very severe i think u shud get him admitted as i doubt he will be ok enough to give the competiton. He needs an x ray and a cbc to see why exactly he got such a bad attack of asthma. Have a healthy living
Answered: Sun, 10 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor