Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

How can I grow taller? Have been swimming. Anything safe apart from HGH?

Hi Doctor!My name is Ida and I am a 17 year old girl. I am 5 2 and I havent grown at all since 6th grade. I was wondering if you could tell me if Im done growing? I have been swimming for the past two years,but nothing worked. Do I still have a chance of growing?or am I comepletely done?also,is there anything out there that is safe that can increase growth other than hgh?thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
At 17 years of age, since you have reached puberty, the chances of increase in the height are minimal. Still doing aerobics and stretching exercises can help in improvisation of the posture which can make you appear taller.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor