Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of the scar due to nail scratch ?

hello doctor please help. i had used dettol on my cheek which had a nail scratch and i have a black scar . i have got flutivate gel from the doctor. He told me not to use other creams. my face has become dry due to no cream. but i have been using acne control and papaya face wash alternatively. now the scar skin has started to peel off. can you please suggest me shall i peel the coming skin or keep it? and i am scared if the scar will remain. can i use lip guard or honey on it as well? how can i stop the new skin s darkness. i am really worried i look so ugly. please help me.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  4613
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear Shresthamary..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
DETTOL..It contains chloroxylenol 4.8% w/w , isopropyl alcohol 10% w/w...,
pine oil 10% w/ Chloroxylenol and alcohol will cause chemical burn in..,,
Higher concentration..So U got the darkness...So avoid the Dettol..,
For Scar on the cheek...
CO2 Fractional best option..,
LASER Re-surfacing Helping scar remodel..,
Good scar correction is depend upon....use of newer techniques..,
Here use of SILICONE plus HEPARIN are more helpfu...,
So SCAR REVISION AND SURGERY is th treatment of choice..ok
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Omi Jindal's  Response
dear, hello. what you got from dettol is a burns actually. your skin was sensitive to it and burnt due to dettol. and above that, you used steroid cream over it. now my advice is not to use anything over it for 3 weeks. let a new skin come howsoever dark it may be. after three weeks you may need dermabrasion by plastioc surgeon along with some silicone cream. the scar would take some time to go off. how completely will it go, will be told by plastic surgeon whom you would consult. hope it satisfioes your eagerness to get rid of scar immediately.
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Shivali Sethi's  Response
hi since you had used dettol on face and also may have kept a little while on face while washing, also some people are allergic to it so the inflammation might have happened after penetrating into the wound(scratch mark)and now the crust has happened ,what the doctor has asked you to apply flutivate gel do apply it also use some mild cleanser like cetaphil and use some mild moisturizer like cetaphil dam but do not peel off the crust it would fall on its own if its itchy take LCZ or if still not resolve consult the doctor again.
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
donot worry much,donot peel of skin covering and make it raw,lets allow it to heal completely if any infection then must take antibiotics and after healing wash two times and make it softeend with any sun saving moisturing cream
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor