Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of the red areas that cracks at both corners of my mouth ?

I have red areas that cracks at both corners of my mouth, it has been there for over 3 months now, sometimes it appears to be going away then the next day it is back fully blown! I have tried antifungal and antibiotic creams but they are not working. What is it and how can I get rid of it
Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It is called angular chelitis.
You have to take mulivitamin tab,zinc with theraputic dose of folic acid and B12 under guidance of your physician.
Use good moisturiser on it.take good balanced diet,drink more liquids.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor