Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of the post surgical scar other than getting it revised ?

hi having a post surgical scar in my right cheek...i had a scar revision surgery 2 years back but it resulted only in formation of new scar but the depth of my old scar is reduced..sometimes it appear reddish..wot am i supposed to do??
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
a plastic surgeon must have done the job on you
it must have been the best to offer
for redness consult your doctor .he may prescribe you some medicines /ointments
see whether the scar can be covered up with make up
as times passes the scar usually get faded
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic fourm,
If it is not bothering too much then its better to leave it as it is.But use a good sunscreen daily when you go out in sun.if the scar is looking bad then go for fractional laser.Consult a good dermatologist a who has fractional co2 laser for scars.You would require multiple sessions of the same for good result.If you can tell me where you belong to then probably i can suggest you a good laser clinic in india.
take care,
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor