How can I get rid of the pain in my chest plate and painful cough ?

after starting foundry job and regular gas release explosion s when poring steel. i could feel my chest compress from concussion - instant pain toward top of chest plate and still has not subsided ( medical dic says its a chest plate pain caused by sharp blow are impact to chest ) only heat and ibuprofen for pain.; to get casting job must work . how to get rid of pain , makes work harder and painful? how long should this pain last . no mucus green or yellow .painful to cough or to move lifting heavy waits or to work in night air for prolonged periods of time one week.
Fri, 15 Jul 2011