Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of soreness on the elbow ?

Have a sore elbow on my left arm . Have bumped it several times. Have put cream on it,it has helped but still sore
Asked On : Fri, 17 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM.
It is very uncommon for anybody to bump elbows repeatedly. However, if due to your occupation or other habits (sports etc) you cannot avoid it, it is best to wear padded elbow caps which are freely available at any medical or surgical store. so you must use them after your present problem is healed.
For your present problem of soreness, it would be slow in healing as elbow is a site for folded skin and almost constant movement. Along with local creams it is better to keep the wound dry by application of medicated talcum (like neosporin powder). or alternately you can go in for a sumag dressing by a paramedical person.
Hope this helps. take care.
Answered: Fri, 17 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor