Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of fatty pockets above the clavicle on both the sides ?

I am a 50 yr old female. I just discovered some fatty pockets above the clavicle on both sides that I never had before. I had a disc replacement last December (2010) at C5-C6. I advised my spine surgeon he did not know what it was nor did my GP, my Neurosurgeon , nor my Chiropractor . I was sent to a Cancer Clinic and the doctor there said it was fat deposits. Just wanted to know if this is a logical answer. Never had them before. How do I get rid of them? Should I be worried or further tested? We have Hodgkin s Lymphoma in the family (father and uncle both died in their 60 s from it).
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  707
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

Since doctor in cancer clinic said It to be fat deposits you need not worry.

But you can get them excised for cosmetic reasons and If you are so worried you can send It for excision biopsy.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries If any.

Wishing you good health.


Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor