Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How can I get rid of blackheads ?

what can i do to get rid of blackheads? bcs i have them all over my face and i look ugly please help.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
start using retino A cream 0.025% at night all over the face. it is very effective in treating blackheads. if you want a faster improvement, see a dermatologist for comedone extraction or salicylic acid peels.
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Resham J. Vasani (Bhojani)'s  Response
balckheads are actually very early lesions of acne called comedones. are u on any other medication? are u using any creams /ointments on a regular basis? what is ur age/sex?

a salicylic acid containing face wash would help. or a non soap cleanser meant for oily skin. topical retinoids like adapelene applied after completely drying the face at night would help.
'Dr.Resham Vasani
Anand Polyclinic,
Near Mani's Lunch Home,
Ruia College Road,
Matunga east
022 24142841
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor