Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How can I get relief from tooth ache ?

sir i hv pain in my teeth ..........from two days ..what cn i do..please suggest me something
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  6 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dentist, Orthodontics 's  Response
Pain is usually for 2 reasons, one because of sensitivity and other because of Infection. If you have pain on Biting hard then it is possible you have infection - It would be best if you visit a dentist before starting Antibiotics or Pain Killers.
If It is Sensitivity then you would have relief by swishing your mouth with warm water regularly for 2-3 days and use of a sensitive toothpaste.
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Vishal Jain's  Response
Hi Parshant,

Pain may be because of many reasons.
It may be because of caries, gum problem, infection around the tooth....
If it is a sharp shooting pain then you visit your dentist immediately this indicates infection around the tooth..
If it is dull and intermittent, indicates carious lesion or gum infection.

I suggest visit to dentist to fix your problem.


Dr. Vishal, Vitaldent, Faridabad.
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. M Hasan's  Response
Go to a dental surgeon..,get an IOPA x-ray done, Than you will got to know the exact cause of this pain...
it might be because of infection inside teeth...(pulpitis- reversible/irreversible)
treatment include
1-use of sensitivity toothpaste/ restoration
2- RCT
3- EXTRACTION of tooth
all depend on clinical examination and rediogarphic finding
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
If you are suffering from pain in many teeth.. and it started during last 2 days. Than its acute periodontitis case i.e pyorrhea. Its due to your poor oral hygiene. Home remedy won't work. Professional cleaning of your teeth & gums is advised. Follow post scaling instructions and you will never suffer again.
But if the pain is only on one side of the mouth, than it can be one infected tooth, the pain of which is radiating to other neighboring teeth, as they share the same nerve.
Don't confuse sensitivity with pain. Sensitivity in teeth means: sensitivity to cold, hot & sweet. Pain is different thing. Its pain, if you suffer while chewing food, while lying down, or when you suffer continously from it.
As you have not provided enough data to understand your problem, we advice you to consult a dentist.
Answered: Thu, 12 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Shweta Sehgal's  Response
hi Prashant

pain in teeth can be due to many reasons and involves many clinical signs and symptoms to determine a suitable treatment for, firstly i'll advice you to visit a dentist bcoz only after clinical examination and asking about your symptoms in detail best treatment can be most of the cases generally seen pain can be of to types i.e. localised to a single tooth or generalised in all if its localised then - 1. sensitivity to cold and sweets - must be a superficial carious lesion and a filling will resolve this..along with that you can take a combiflam or diclomol or any analgesic twice daily for two days can also use proflo plus mouthwash and colgate sensitive paste along with that....
2. sensitivity to hot - RCT needs to be done...

Generalised pain - may be third molar erupting , or gum disease etc
start an antibiotic and analgesic twice daily for 5 days...

and visit a dentist asap
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Neelima Brundavanam's  Response
Pain occurs due to gum infections or carious tooth.
Visit your dentist immediately he'll do the treatment accordingly whether pain occurs due to gum infection or infection in the carious tooth,
Initially he may give you Antibiotic and painkiller 3 days course.
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor