Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

How can I get relief from the sore spot - a small crater like hole above the teeth gum ?

I have a sore spot in my far upper right gum (above the teeth gum.) I just discovered that its actually a small crater like hole. about the size of pen point. I ve had a sore thoat for the last few days and that spot has been very sore for about 5 days. It is not a canker sore as I get those all the time and this one goes in not out.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  549
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hi, there is no relation between sore throat and spot on gum,that spot may be some ulcer or sinus opening caused due to development of any peri apical pathology in relation to that tooth in this case you should go immedieatly tp your dentist for root canal treatment of that tooth,in case of ulcer u can apply mucopain and hexigel ointment 3-4 times a day avoid gargling for half an hour after application of that ointment.take care
Answered: Sun, 4 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor