Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

How can I get over depression after losing my beloved dad ?

Hello Friends, I am going through severe depression . 3 years ago I lost my father and I used to love him more than my life and since then I feel that life is not worth living and I make plans about how I can commit suicide . I was so possessive for my father that I used to feel so insecure and afraid of loosing him that my mind used to show me images of his dead body even when he was alive and i used to try to keep myself busy in order to avoid that and when it happened I felt it was because my mind used to think that way and so I feel guilty that it all happened because of me. Now I live with my brother and Mother but I am not able to keep them happy and every now and then I fight with them over petty issues, get myself and them in a bad mood . This feeling of guilt, insecurity and anger always persists in me. Please help!!!! I badly need your suggesions
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi...sorry for ur loss
u seem to be having post traumatic stress disorder....
it is very easily managed with psychiatric counselling and medications in severe cases...
my advice is to get urself an appointment with the psychiatrist and if u consider this as a taboo...then try finding some new fun activities and have a broader outlook towards life...bad incidents do happen but one has to move on although ur loss is irreparable but u still ve ur mother n family and u should think about keeping them happy and try channelising ur thoughts in tthat direction..
hope u get well soon
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Ashish Mittal's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

You appear to have depression. Considering the nature and severity of your symptoms I would strongly advice you to visit psychiatrist. So do not shy, leave inhibitions and consult psychiatrist. Now very good treatment is available for depression.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor