Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

How can I get my appetite back ?

I am 14 1/2 years old. 5 foot 3 , 159cm. 117 pounds male and i am pretty fit. recently my appetite has decreased from eating ALOT to not wanting to eat my lunch/dinner. i eat my dinner about 3x a week. 3months ago, i was 127-132pounds. but now im 117. i playing enjoy playing outdoor activities such as basketball, skateboard, roller blading, and acrobatic stunts. please help me with my appetite. i am not anorexic or bulimic and dont wish to lose weight .
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
The main cause of lack of appetite is indigestion.Indigestion over a long period of time can cause weakness, laziness, lack of concentration, lack of interest weight loss, feeling sleepy during in day time, etc. In Ayurveda this condition is explained as “Ama”. Lack of appetite is one of the main symptoms of Ama. The basic reason for this condition is lack of digestive power. Ayurveda explains a simple Ayurvedic herbal tea to cure indigestion and to improve appetite.

Coriander seed coarse powder – 5 grams

Ginger coarse powder – 1 gram

water – 70 ml

Take this mixture in a vessel and boil it in moderate heat till around 35 ml is remaining.

It should be consumed while it is warm

For more information, you can call me on my mob.9424883137
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcomr to healthcaremagic
be active and take active parts in exercise and out door sports
exercises increase bmr and keep it raised throughout the day
increased b m r means increased appetite
get a medical check up to exclude any medical problem
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B. P. Sinha's  Response
Who cares, till you are active, nothing is wrong with you. its your growing phase so due to some hormonal change you might be feeling or loosing wt but if no weakness, then no problem. Go on enjoying nothing wrong is happening with you. If you are so preeoccupied with your problem, see a general doctor who may do some general check up & investigations and assure you nothing wrong with you.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor