Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How can I get control over my BP ?

Hello Doctor , I am 45 years old woman, I have a high BP, one week before i have BP 160/116. I ma taking medicine (covance 50 mg). Also I a am doing aerobic,gym. but my BP is not control. i have stress also. So pls give a suggestion.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Your BP of 160/116 is definitely high and you need to get treated.The medicine you are taking Covance 50 is for high BP but it is probably not working and even you have stress so the better option for you is to consult your doctor who prescribed you Covance and he will examine you and change the medicine if required.Consult your doctor.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Controlling high BP with medicines depends on how long are you taking this medicine and how regularly? If you are taking it for more than three weeks and still your BP is raised then you need to reconsider your treatment and discuss the other options of treatment with your physician.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor