Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

How can I find out TB in a x-ray ?

sir how to find the tb in the xray
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Are you a medical doctor? Because if you are not, you may not understand unless you undertake a course in medicine which teaches about chest X rays. (I presume you are asking about chest X rays) But if you are a doctor, TB can manifest in any which way on CXR - normal, nodule, mass, collapse, consolidation, cavity, hilar LN enlargement, pleural effusion, pericardial effusion, etc.
Answered: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi Welcome to,

The TB in the X ray presents as cavities in upper loves; this is typical presentation. But sputum test for AFBX3, sputum culture, PPD skin , symptoms all play imp role in diagnosis.

Regards Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor