Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can I eliminate facial tics ?

sir, i have facial tics near right eye over six years,for treatment i went to several doctors but stil its not frnds are teasing me i cant able to speak them plz help me and give suggestion for this fault
Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Long standing unilateral periocular spasms lasting over 6 years are likely to represent Hemifacial Spasm. I would consult with an ophthalmologist to confirm. Injection of Botullinum toxin have been helpful t o provide termporay (6 months) symptomatic relief.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ophthalmologist Dr. Saurabh Mittal's  Response
Dear Friend,

Your Description suggests that your orbicularis oculi is hyper-senstitive. Tablet neurobion can be tried to strenghten the nerves a bit, but will not help much. You will be required to consult an orbit/oculoplasty surgeon or neuro-ophthamlologist or a botulinium expert. botulinium injections into the orbicularis oculi will help the decrease tics without compromising on your natural muscular movements. these injects will relieve you of your problems for a period of 3-4 months and will require repeated applications. Take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

lately some of my 11 year old sons teachers have been asking me if he has terrets,i have always noticed he has facial tics when he gets...

Recent questions on  Tourette’s syndrome

doctor1 MD

My son has developed a tic which is causing his head to jerk to one side. He was in a wreck 4 yrs ago and the air bag went off in his face. About 2...

doctor1 MD

Hi, My father has some neurological disorder and we need to contact a good neurologist in Bangalore. Can you please suggest who is a good...

doctor1 MD

I take avapro, trilipix , crestor, and niaspan as prescribed by my doctor. In the last year, I have developed tics, (eyebrow raising, slight head...

doctor1 MD

I have iinvoluntary movements in my chest, arms,shoulders, mouth and once in awhile in my head. I don't have them when I am walking.
I have them...

doctor1 MD

I have recently had several bouts with the sensation my lips are trembling/shivering, however when I touch them may they are not actually doing...

doctor1 MD

My left eye "vibrates" when I am focussing on close objects. I end up closing that eye to work on compeer screens.

doctor1 MD

A relative has very recently developed an unusual mouth movement (when quiet, not when talking) . It looks like he is chewing with his mouth...