Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How can I discuss about my breast pain with my doctor ?

19, inactive, tend to strain muscles often but last physical normal, no period in the last month but NOT pregnant , definitely. Yesterday, I was having a strange pain down my arm, and around the region above my right breast and below my collar bone (and in my back behind that area). Out of paranoia, I keep investigating my chest just in case. Lately I have been pulling muscles A LOT and sometimes have taken days to recover, so I was wonder if maybe since my arm was related with this, maybe my pectoral muscle was strained. I also get tense feelings in my other breast, but not as profound, so I thought another possibility would be the beginning of my period which I missed. I am receiving a physical from an internal medicine doctor on Friday, but do doctors also check for breast problems as well? How can I approach my doctor about this? I ve also had slight problems breathing when this all started in that same area, so I thought my muscle might be swollen.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You can take Calcium and multivitamn supplements.
Bye exercise no damage is done.
Gradually increase your exercise.
Avoid sranious exercise like weight lifting,pull ups,high jumping etc.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
This may be due to pre menstrual tension.
As you are lack of physical exercise even slight jerk on your hand cause strtching of muscles.
Do regular exercise like running,swimming,jogging fo about 30-40 mnt.
ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Sarah
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You can do a self breast examination at home and if you fiond any swelling or abnormality , you can request your Doctor to do a breast examination.Your doctor would check for breast problems too.
Pain in arm can be due to muscle pull , cervical spondylitis , Brachialgia and some gastric problems.Please do not worry much about it and do your exercise in a limited way and properly.
Take care
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor