Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

How can I decrease my cholesterol level ?

I am a 56years old woman.I have hypertension, I did blood analysis which shows that my cholesterol is 260. which is high. do i have to start taking medicines immediately or should i try to less it through exercice and regime first.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  505
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Drugs are just supportive measures to reduce cholesterols. But the primary treatment is a strict dietary regimen and good physical exercises.. Diet and exercise is much more essential than drugs alone.. So better get to diet modifications and physical exercise first.. Medical drugs can be taken too to provide a quality cholesterol control.... All the best...

Answered: Mon, 1 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

I prefer that you the medications to lower the total cholesterol to the normal levels.Besides you must exercise and do a diet control because it will help in bringing the cholesterol levels to normal. I recommend you read the following article about high cholesterol:
Answered: Tue, 12 Oct 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor