Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How can I deal with child attitude problem ?

My son is 10 years old.He has got in the habit of being boastful & telling lies.He knows the consequences & has lost friends. At present has has no good friend.He is the youngest in the house but not pampered.We are very concerned about him .Please tell me how to get him out of this habit
Asked On : Mon, 3 Oct 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.arrange psychiatric counseling for him as that is only way to know the reason behind his behavior.Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 3 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Ten years is not a very big age for a child to understand the implications of his habit and change them.he just wants to feel good and be praised so he cooks up lies .
Dont be harsh to him.You should definitely teach him difference between truth and lies and demonstrate the consequences of can try rewarding him for truth rather than punishing him for lies.Dont make fun of his habit or scold him in front of his friend and gradually he wil improve.if problem persists you can consult a child guidance centre or your pediatrician.
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 3 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor