Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How can I cure swollen lymph node on inguinal groin area which has turned rubbery and tender ?

I seem to have a swollen lymph node for past 4 weeks in my right inguinal groin area. Seems to be rubbery and slightly tender and about a half inch in length. My doc put me on antibiotics two weeks ago but no change. It seems to stay the same size and cause some pain up my lower back and leg. He told me to wait three-four weeks as my blood work came back completely normal(except for raised eosinophils, I have bad allergies ). The only things prior to the swell would be a couple of weeks prior I had a small patch of fungal infection in the near inguinal area(cured with cream) and also a flu that made me quite weak for a couple of weeks. I feel fine now, but gland is still swollen. Kind of worried about lymphoma. No other glands swollen, no fevers or night sweats. Any thoughts are appreciated?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,
I would like to know about the antibiotic that was given to you. Did you have any other symptoms other than swollen lymph node? Eg. penile discharge, fever. It could be a sexually transmitted infection.
Another possibility is Inguinal hernia as the swelling is present in the inguinal region.Is the swelling present even when you lie down on your back. Any increase in the size of swelling while coughing. I think the doctor must have ruled out inguinal hernia.
You said the lymph node is slightly tender. Any redness ,warmth of the lymph node ?Any rapid increase in size of the lymph node?
Do you have any family history of lymphoma, or blood cancers?
Or the lymph node enlargement could just be due to your immune response of fighting the fungal infection. Like your doctor said, wait for 3-4 weeks, and if it has still not reduced, get further evaluation done.Meanwhile have healthy, nutritious food and stay healthy. Hope this helps :)
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor