Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How can I cure my swollen painfull knee also small amount of puss is coming out of the wound ?

my knee is extreemly tender swollen and red im having difficulties walking, standing and bending or straightening it also. i thought that the ingrown hair i pulled might have been the cause but the problem only got worse and the wound isleaking from the place where the hair was and when i do squeeze my knee i am getting small ammounts of white. yellowish puss. what is happening to my knee and what caused it what can i do to make it better?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  691
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
The discharge from knee has made this condition that calls for proper treatment immediately. If infection is skin deep it will be cure in short span of time but if infection has spread to knee joint then literally go by the advice of the attending doctor.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi Paula.., the above signs and symptoms are suggestive of septic Arthritis...
hence there is swelling of the knee joint and discharge of puss..
do not try to manipulate by hand.., you needed to be investigated by xray., and it is
treated by i.v Antibiotics.. Do not neglect the condition.,
consult an Orthopedician..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rekha's  Response
you need proper investigation along with proper medication,without wasting time you should consult your nearby doctor.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

This could be due to a Boil/furunculosis or Septic arthritis i.e. infected joint. For confirm diagnosis you need to visit a physician, who can examine. Also if required an x-ray of knee would be done here.

If its a boil, then ointments, and antibioitic wil be prescribed to you by your dr. If needed he may do I & D, which is removal of pus.

If its septic arthritis, the treamtnet would last a bit longer.

Please see a dr asap, as boil may spread to develop cellulitis or other complications. Avoid manipulating it. Keep area clean , dry meanwhile.

For further enq-
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor