Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

How can I cure a large bump on the cheek that appeared after a blackhead popped?

I have had this blackhead/ pimple on my cheek for years.. It popped yesterday , and this frothy whitish/yellow thicker liquid drained for hours.. Today I have a golf ball size bump on my cheek, and a huge scab.. Please help
Asked On : Mon, 5 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear XXXXXX..,

Thanks for choosing HCM.,

Bump with scab and black heads...seems..,


It is 3 rd stage of Acne....


1) Frequent washes with FASH BAR..,

2) Tab..Azithromycin 250 mg for 10 days..,

3) Tab Tretinoin...20 mg daily after 10 days for1 month.,

4) Topically......Clindamycin cream 2 times daily...,

5) Plenty of oral fluids,fresh fruits and vegetables...,

6) If Nodular lesions are not respond to medical,.

go for drain the pus....

ok..good lcuk..
Answered: Tue, 6 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
HI XXXXX XXXXXX, welcome to H.C.M.Forum. you need to use antibiotics, and anti inflamatory drugs under the guidance of a dermatologist. should avoid fatty foods, junk foods. eat green leafy vegetables, juicy fruits, and drink fruit juices. avoid sweat by washing face frequently. thank you.
Answered: Tue, 6 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor