Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

How can I control blood loss during periods ?

Hi im having O negative blood group. i have heavy bleeding during my periods. so i am really worrying about that. could you please suggest what to do to control my heavy bleeding. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Pravarthanavalli

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Heavy bleeding during periods is called Menorrhagia .It can be caused due conditions like fibroid , polyp , thyroid disease , clotting problems.
So , it is important for you to get evaluated for the cause of menorrhagia.I advise you to visit a Gynecologist and get evaluated for the same.Knowing the cause , we can opt for treatment.Any underlying disease has to be treated in early stages to avoid complications in pregnancy.

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor